Thursday, August 23, 2012

Shakespeare's Theater Hits the U.S.

This fall, Shakespeare's Globe Theater will be hitting movie theaters across the United States!  The Globe on Screen series will bring three productions to our screens:

All's Well That Ends Well beginning October 11th
Much Ado About Nothing beginning October 23rd
and
Doctor Faustus beginning November 8th

The casts are properly star-studded, but they had my number when I saw that Joseph Marcell, who played Geoffrey on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, was playing Leonato in Much Ado, and I geeked out when I realized that Arthur Darvill (Rory from Doctor Who) would be playing Mephistopheles in Marlowe's Doctor Faustus.

Enjoy the trailer!  I am tremendously excited for this, and will definitely be sharing more info as the premieres get closer - whether on the blog, on Facebook, or on Twitter - but in the meantime, check out globeonscreen.com for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment